Moderator: Bite me Editor

<<

Arlene

Bite me Editor
Bite me Editor

Post January 25th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Bite me wins Magazine 'Oscar'!

Bite me wins Magazine Award!

Glasgow- based Vampire magazine publisher Arlene Russo was presented with a special award at the Scottish Magazine Awards 2008. She received a ‘Special Commendation’ for Publisher of ther Year.

For the first time in the six years of the Scottish Magazine Awards, the judging panel agreed that a special commendation should be awarded to one publisher. Although shortlisted on a number of occasions, Bite Me magazine published by Arlene Russo from Revamp, has never quite managed to take the top slot in a given category, but the full judging panel, led by Helen Alexander CBE, former CEO of The Economist Group, unanimously decided that a special commendation would recognize her achievements over the years. The judges said “Bite Me is an original and exciting product”.

The judges of the ‘Oscars’ of magazine publishing decided to single out one person for special commendation this year. They said: “If ever there was a great example of never-say-die, then this is the person. She has single-handedly edited, published and distributed a magazine against all the odds for the past ten years.”....

The ceremony, which took place at the Radisson Hotel Glasgow, was attended by over 400 people from within the publishing industry in Scotland and was compered by Scottish comedian Craig Hill. The awards, hosted by the Periodical Publishers Association, celebrate the highest standards in editorial and publishing excellence....

Afterwards Arlene joined cult comedy duo The Mighty Boosh who were staying at the Radisson after their sell out Glasgow gigs at the SECC.

Bite me Editor
<<

RAVENGIRL

Post January 25th, 2009, 9:05 pm

That's great Arlene!I'm happy for you!
<<

BloodDrop

New Blood
New Blood

Post January 25th, 2009, 10:38 pm

congratulations
<<

Darkdruid

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post January 26th, 2009, 2:11 pm

Well done! :D
Most people are content to lie with the herd, while some of us choose to run with the wolves.
<<

Frankie

Blood Thirsty
Blood Thirsty

Post January 26th, 2009, 4:22 pm

Massive congratulations :D :D :D :D :D
<<

Arlene

Bite me Editor
Bite me Editor

Post February 3rd, 2009, 6:51 am

thank you thank you everyone!
Bite me Editor
<<

Mournblade

Post February 7th, 2009, 1:41 am

Well done Arlene. 8)
<<

Xanthea

Ultimate Vampire
Ultimate Vampire

Post November 5th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Re: Bite me wins Magazine 'Oscar'!

well done
<<

ruby gloom

Ultimate Vampire
Ultimate Vampire

Post November 5th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Re: Bite me wins Magazine 'Oscar'!

Dearest Arlene, well deserved even though this was a while ago!! i always thought you were a star!!!!

Return to Bite me News and Information