Rage Against the Machine for number 1!

Moderators: Darkdruid, Dark Moderators

<<

Dracos

Blood Thirsty
Blood Thirsty

Post December 16th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Rage Against the Machine for number 1!

Someone has started a campaign on Facebook to get "Killing in the Name" to number one for Xmas please show your support and stop X Factor getting to the top spot.
There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything.

It is very certain that the desire of life prolongs it.
<<

ruby gloom

Ultimate Vampire
Ultimate Vampire

Post December 16th, 2009, 3:11 pm

Re: Rage Against the Machine for number 1!

I can understand why people dont want X Factor to get the top spot yet again,but you have to also remember that the winner needs support etc, they are just starting out in the music business which I can only assume is a damn tough business to break through, so I must decline on this one.
<<

Darkdruid

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post December 16th, 2009, 7:19 pm

The money from the RATM download is going to Shelter, so well worth doing, in my opinion.
Most people are content to lie with the herd, while some of us choose to run with the wolves.
<<

Dracos

Blood Thirsty
Blood Thirsty

Post December 20th, 2009, 2:09 pm

I've got nothing against the artist but I don't like the fact that manufacured pop acts who've literally come out of no where automatically get to number one on the back of a so called reality tv programme when artists that have been working for years and actually write their own material and haven't had that leg up.
There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything.

It is very certain that the desire of life prolongs it.
<<

ruby gloom

Ultimate Vampire
Ultimate Vampire

Post December 20th, 2009, 4:31 pm

Actually I do have to agree with you there,its unfair for people who have been around for many a year and suddenly a fresh faced unknown "popstar" gets a number one spot immediately!! yeah I would have to say im changing my mind on this one, I do hope that this year at least they dont get that number one spot as they would expect every year.
<<

Darkdruid

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post December 21st, 2009, 12:36 pm

Well Rage managed to get the number 1 spot, which is a victory against bland, manufactured music. :D I saw Joe on the TV and he seemed quite philosophical about it. Unlike some of the commentators on AOL, who are 'outraged at this vile music'. The funniest thing is that they assume that Rage are a new band, rather than a major force in heavy music!?
Most people are content to lie with the herd, while some of us choose to run with the wolves.
<<

Cry

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post December 23rd, 2009, 7:40 pm

I heard about this. It made smile when I heard Rage got to #1. Together we can do it!

And as for the X-factor generation of singers..., I dont mind if they are #1, but only IF they are actually good.
Sex, Thrills and Rock 'N' Roll!
You know what I mean, Baby!!
<<

ruby gloom

Ultimate Vampire
Ultimate Vampire

Post December 24th, 2009, 8:37 pm

Very true cry, I remember that guy from Scotland(cant remember whereabouts!!) he was called Leon, he was bloody awful!! so where is he now??? nowhere thats where!! just because someone wins a singing contest does not mean instant stardom,destined for La La Land!! etc, very few make it in the music industry,those who do become big stars,some only get their fifteen minutes and BANG!! they're never heard of again.
<<

Darkdruid

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post December 25th, 2009, 3:39 pm

All very true Ruby. Let's face it, if you can't make it with all the exposure that X-Factor gives you, then it isn't your destiny?
I really liked Lucie Jones, who has now been signed up by a modelling agency. After losing out to the Judder Twins I hope she has a huge success in this career.

Return to Sound Bites